Now you are in the year of 2019, be aware of it.
Highlights of 2018
Mar. 16 (Sat.)
Joint work with NEU has been accepted by ISCA 2019, a top tier conference in computer architecture. This will be the first time that superconducting electronics participates in such a conference. We look forward to presenting our work to a larger audience.
Mar. 13 (Wed.)
- Peer-review in small community is getting really disappointing. Instead of helping improve the paper quality and build a better community, some reviewers just want to give authors (once they think might be a threat to their interests) a hard time in publishing their work. This is already a small group of researches and not recognized by the majority, why not having a bigger picture? Double-blind peer review may not solve the problem completely but definitely should be a future direction to improve the level of this community.
Mar. 11 (Mon.)
- It a great pleasure to be selected by Cold Facts, the magazine of the Cryogenic Society of America, as one of the young professionals of 2019.
Mar. 6 (Wed.)
- Invited talk at ISEC 2019.
- A co-authored manuscript, regarding recent progress of majority synthesis, has been accepted by GLSVLSI 2019 as a full paper.
- Two co-authored manuscripts have been accepted by IEEE Transactions on Superconductivity.
Jan. 16 (Wed.)
- Attended the 9th Superconducting SFQ VLSI Workshop (SSV) 2019 at NICT. Several researchers were invited from oversea to give talks regarding their recent work. Prof. Fujimaki used a sophisticated metaphor to indicate the future for SFQ when people started to doubt the deep-pipelining nature of it could eliminate the speed advantage if comparing to the conventional CMOS technology. Dr. Wang from SIMIT introduced the recent development of superconducting electronics in China, this is the first comprehensive introduction to this big project, out of all the “rumors” we have been hearing.
Jan. 11 (Fri.)
Prof. Karl Berggren from MIT visited IAS and gave a nice talk about SSPD applications using superconducting-nanowire. I like some of his ideas/impressions of the superconductivity community.
1st China section exchange meeting has been held. YNU’s president, vice president and 20 professors attended this meeting and had some discussions over the promotion of research and education collaboration with high-level Chinese universities. “The time for YNU to be chosen by the Chinese universities has come, to improve the level of YNU is very important.”